VEGAN; FOR THE PEOPLE
- 82% of starving children live in countries where their food is fed to animals, and then sold to be eaten in western countries.
- Enough food is produced every year to feed 10 billion humans, but most of that is fed to captive animals. If we stopped farming animals no one would need to starve.
- Slaughterhouse workers have the highest levels of ptsd, anxiety, depression, and suicide of any profession. They are also prone to drug and alcohol abuse, and social withdrawal.
- In Thailand, people are kidnapped and forced onto fishing boats where they spend their entire lives. If they stop working they are killed. This is known as “prawn slavery”
- 95% of people who work in leather tanneries die by the age of 50 due to health complications from the chemicals used in the process.
- Diet has surpassed smoking as the leading behavioral cause of death.